Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sand Dunes - By Sydney


Sand Dunes, White Sands National Monument, New Mexico.

This is by Sydney, it got posted to the wrong blog.

    White Sands National Monument has the best feature! Sledding in the dunes that is.  It had other cool things but this was cooler! The sand is made of gypsum.  The gypsum water from the mountains collects in a lake, then it evaporates making crystals.  The crystals break down in the wind and become sand.  White Sands Monument is the only place in the world that has dunes made of Gypsum.  It looked a lot like snow, but not quite as cold.  It was almost 80 degrees but the sand was cool.



I'm at the top. My mom's the one sledding.



I ran out of water...

That's me.

Me waxing a sled.  The wax makes the saucer more smooth..... and faster!


My mom again.  She was really crusin'!

Me going up the sand dune. It was cold!  The more we smoothed the track, the faster it got!



No comments:

Post a Comment